81% of A Level grades in 2016 were A*,A or B Grade
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) visited in September 2017 and assessed the School as being “excellent” in all areas for the Educational Quality Inspection; this is the highest judgement that a school can be awarded. In the Focused Compliance Inspection we have been judged as being fully compliant in all respects.
Key areas praised by the inspectors were:
- Pupils of all ages make excellent progress in relation to their ability
- The School is highly successful in meeting its aims to help pupils learn and achieve without undue pressure
- The School provides outstanding pastoral care from Pre-School through to Sixth Form and in boarding
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning are excellent; they take control of their learning, relish challenge, and develop confidence, self-belief and a love of learning
- Pupils are independent learners who can think for themselves, and who develop high level thinking skills stimulated by a challenging curriculum
- Many pupils achieve extremely high standards in an exceptionally broad programme of extra-curricular activity
- Pupils develop strong leadership skills and carry strong core values into the world beyond school
- Pupils’ high attainment is supported by comprehensive individual support, and the School offers highly effective learning support to those identified as in danger of not fulfilling their potential
- Teaching staff have strong and up to date subject knowledge
This excellent report is testament to the hard work of all our pupils and staff. The inspectors spent three days undertaking a very detailed inspection and we are delighted that all aspects of the School were viewed in such a positive light.
You can also view our previous inspection reports below:
Pupils make excellent progress in reaching high academic standards that are enhanced by lively and encouraging teaching Independent Schools Inspectorate Report