Friends of RMS (the Parents' Association)
The Friends of The Royal Masonic School (FORMS) is an association primarily made-up of parents and guardians who believe in building friendships within the RMS community through social events for both parents and families.
These events not only provide for the social aspect, they also give us the opportunity to raise funds to be used to enhance and enrich the learning within School. We work closely with the Head and his staff to ensure that our activities are aligned with their needs. Monies have been used for various projects such as digital cameras, sound systems, playground equipment for Cadogan House, fun additions to the boarding houses and Special Educational and Assisted Learning equipment. We are delighted to provide the floral tributes for the girls to take on their visit to the War Graves each year.
FORMS is responsible for hosting a number of family events including a Fireworks Display, Christmas Fair, Summer Fair and a Bingo Night. The infamous Quiz Night is enormous fun for parents, and challenges their knowledge as they battle to win the FORMS Quiz Night Trophy! And to round of each academic year we hold a Spring Party or Ball.
Our second-hand uniform sales are always popular and are deemed a useful service for parents whilst generating significant income. You will also find us manning the bar and serving refreshments at school plays and concerts throughout the year and assisting the School whenever we can. We willingly attend Open Day and Induction Day when we have the opportunity to answer questions and share our experiences with you.
As fellow parents and guardians, FORMS invite you to contribute to the School community, whether it is through attending the array of events on offer or supporting where you can by helping at an event. Everyone is welcome and each and every offer of help is gratefully received.
If you wish to obtain any further information in relation to FORMS or would like to discuss any of the above, please contact:
- Nicole Whitfield, FORMS Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mathura Paramjorthy, FORMS Vice-Chair, at email@example.com
- Penny Smee, FORMS Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Twitter @RMSFriends
Here are some dates for your diaries:
QUIZ NIGHT - SATURDAY 10TH MARCH 2018
SUMMER FAIR - SATURDAY 23RD JUNE 2018
CHAIR: Nicole Whitfield
Nicole has two daughters in Cadogan House.
VICE-CHAIR: Mathura Paramjorthy
Mathura has three daughters at RMS.
SECRETARY: Penny Smee
Penny has one daughter in Cadogan House.
TREASURER: Jon Bishop
Jon has one daughter at RMS and two older daughters who used to come to the School.
ASSISTANT TREASURER: Erwin Keiles
Erwin has one daughter at RMS and one older daughter who used to come to the School.
Second Hand Uniform Sales
Thank you to all parents for supporting the FORMS Second Hand Uniform Sales last year We have plenty of excellent quality stock, and can also supply brand new ballet and dance shoes and clothing for Cadogan House pupils.
The shop is openevery Friday from 8.00am to 9.00am, except for on exeat weekends, when it is open from 3.00pm to 4.00pm.
Forthcoming dates as follows:
|16th February||Friday||CLOSED||HALF TERM|
Items to sell?
We are in need of more stock for new girls, especially Cadogan House panama hats and winter coats. Please label or donate your items and leave them with Reception in New Mark Hall, or with Mrs Faulder in Cadogan House.
Parents can donate unwanted uniform, or label it and receive 70% or the sale price at the end of the year, just in time for Christmas! All net FORMS profits go towards buying "extras" for the girls at School.
Parents can now put uniform into the sale any time of the year. Please either download the form here or contact Abbey Joseph on email@example.com and she will forward you a form to fill in, which will create labels for you.
Need to buy uniform?
Please contact Abbey on firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries or to make a booking
The small print…….
- While every effort is made to keep labels on the clothes FORMS are not able to accept responsibility for any mislaid items. Safety pins are the best way to secure labels to garments!
- We are not allowed to sell uniform that is in poor condition and therefore reserve the right to withhold from sale any items that we consider to be substandard.
- Clothes should be clean and in good condition and on the current School uniform list.
- 70% of the sale price is returned to parents at the end of the year and you can use the credit on your account to purchase second hand stock during the year. 30% of the sale price is donated to FORMS
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Abbey Joseph (Parent Organiser/FORMS)
Many thanks for your support.
FORMS hold many fundraising events throughout the year. Money raised from these events goes towards donations and equipment for the School. Some recent examples of where this money is spent are listed below:
- Business Studies Department- Display boards for Young Enterprise
- Chapel Choir - Cost of an outing
- Duke of Edinburgh Scheme- a tent
- English Department - Resources for speaking activities and public speaking
- Modern Foreign Languages Department - TV with built in DVD/video recorder
- PE Department - Gym mats, Gym springs, Hockey kits, Trophy cabinet, Activities sessions for Boarders
- Performing Arts Department - Dance Floor, Percussion instruments & Music stands banners
- Photography Department - A2 Printer, Photo frames
- Cadogan House - Mobile display screens x 2
- Ruspini House– Digital camera and pack
- FORMS prizes to be given on Prize Day
- Resource Centre - Author's visit
- Astronomy Club - 2 binoculars and digital camera adaptor for telescope
- Environmental Conservation Club – Birds nest boxes and slow worm homes
- Science Club - Items to develop and enhance the club / rocket launcher, educational toys and a crystal garden.
- Textiles Department - Supplies to make plinths, frames for displaying exhibits, four mannequins
- Other - Wreaths and flowers for war graves